Q&A with #DOUX model, Danielle
Posted on 20 January 2017
We love meeting the women who bring our Neon Moon lingerie to life, so we sat down with Danielle Gerrard, a professional dancer to ask her a few questions. Here she discusses body positivity in the dance world and her Neon Moon experience.
Name: Danielle Gerrard
1. What is it you love about Neon Moon?
How comfortable and well it sits on my body, without having any irritations or wires to get in the way.
2. How would you describe body positivity in the ballet world?
It's very difficult! Every country is different and sometimes you have to go to other countries for your body to be respected, or acceptable as a dancer.
3. What advice would you give to younger dancers?
Keep going! Your body always changes with age, don't beat yourself up about it. Worry more about your dancing, not your image.
4. What is the hardest thing you have had to overcome?
Money! It can control which way my career could go.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
6. How are you going to take your Neon Moon experience forward?
I learnt and loved how passionate Neon Moon is about body confidence in women and how you love your bodies no matter what.
What do you think of Danielle's Q&A? What do you think about our new #DOUX lingerie? Let us know below!